Monday, June 2, 2014

Mini Game Tips for the Music Room

I use "Paw Paw Patch" to teach 4 sounds on a beat, or "takadimi" (tiritiri and tikatika are also included on separate slides). This resource has the kinesthetic visual slides to tap, labeling the sound slides and presentation of the notation slides, plus some part-work for practice. I talked about it before here so I won't repeat myself too much.

My students love the game and ask for it repeatedly! 

Here are my Mini Game Tips for today!

Mini Game Tip #1: The first person to go around is not Susie. The first person is looking for Susie. I don't make a big deal out of it; I just say, "Julian, Susie is missing - will you go look for her?" and off they go. When they get back to the top of the set, I say, "Did you find her?"

Mini Game Tip #2: In Kodály Materials class, I learned verse 2 as, "Come on boys, let's go find her!" and I change it to, "Come on friends, let's go find her!" when we play the game. They learn it both ways and it's not a problem. 


Let’s Connect!


No comments:

Post a Comment