Friday, June 20, 2014

Kodály Resources for the Elementary Music Classroom

This week some of my friends are graduating from the KCP (Kodály Certification Program) in Austin! I'm so excited for them!

My favorite thing is meeting another music teacher and finding out that they have a Kodaly background. It's so nice to have a shared pedagogy and a shared set of repertoire to talk about! #fangirl

I remember what it was like to be so stressed out analyzing all those songs and putting together the retrieval system and teaching in lab and of course, trying to eek all the goodness and wisdom out of your teachers in the short three weeks each summer.

And going to get tea from the little coffee shop every morning. And the chicken salad sandwiches (with pineapple!) at Rivendell's.

It kind of makes my heart race just to think about it. So. much. stress. and yet so worth it in the end.

Here's a picture of my certification program at Texas State back when I finished level 3 in 2009!

<TX state pic>

No, we aren't doing hand signs, we're doing movements for an African song, led by the brilliant Lynell Joy Jenkins!

Here are some Kodaly resources from my store that might light up your Kodaly hearts! #KodalyDiva


Visuals for prepare, present and practice!




Posters & Room Decor!




 Tone ladder anyone?


And most recently added: Concept Bundles! I'm trying to make it easier to find all the songs you need by putting them in a bundle. You can search through the store to find just what you need, or grab a bundle of goodies all at once!



Happy Kodaly-ing!


Let’s Connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment