Sunday, May 25, 2014

Top 10 Things I Want to Do This Summer

It's a linky party! I'm linking up with Deanna Jump from Mrs. Jump's Class to bring you the Top 10 things on my Summer Bucket List.


Top 10 Things I Want to Do This Summer

10. Spend time reading books! I have a stack of books on my nightstand at all times. Here is one of the books on the stack for this summer. What's on your summer reading list?


9. Spend a day at Kodaly training at Texas State University. I can't wait to get a refresher in all things Kodaly. And every time I go back, I have a deeper perspective on the things they are teaching and why they are teaching them. 

8. Speaking of Kodaly, I have BIG plans to update my Kindergarten music plans, using this new great resource that I (sort of) helped create! My friends Alyssa, Lauren and I got to work with the manuscript, pilot the concepts and write lesson plans. I can't wait to see the finished product!


7 & 6. Spend time with family and traveling! I love having the summertime to relax and see family members that don't live nearby.

5. Eat snow-cones and Mexican food! Our mini metroplex has hundreds of restaurants and I can't wait to try them all! This will be our first full summer here, so we have plans to use up all the coupons in our band fundraiser coupon book and try not to gain too much weight!

4. Spend time making cute stuff like this for my house!



3. Spend time with my church family. This is the first summer that I have EVER been able to go to the Ladies Bible Class and I'm so excited!!!!! Usually they take a break during the summer, but not this year!

2. Clean. My. House. Yes, that should definitely make the list. And I got a new vacuum cleaner (thanks, honey!) so I really, really want to get the house clean...er than it is during the school year.

1. And number one thing to do this summer - RELAX!!!! My husband is a high school band director, so I don't see him much during the year. In the summer, we try to do one thing as much as possible.... NOTHING. 

1 comment:

  1. Another Texas blogger! Hooray! Join me on Google Connect!

    ReplyDelete