Saturday, May 3, 2014

Three Favorites for Elementary Music

Today I'm going to highlight three of my favorite resources that I use in my elementary music classroom!


The first is my rhythm flashcards - super quick to print, cut and laminate & get ready for all the fantastic activities in your music classroom.

After printing, I literally chop the page in half with the big guillotine paper cutter and voila! Very little prep for all kinds of activities.

My students love using these in relays, centers, and for labeling form. These cards can be used with any reading, writing or improvisation activity. There are so many possibilities!



This is a "Level One" bundle that includes rhythms patterns with quarter note, beamed eighth notes and quarter rest patterns. I have them divided into two sets so that you can print each set on a different color of card stock if you like. 




Number 2 is this Rocky Mountain resource! My students love this song- they could sing it for hours. And talk about packed with music possibilities!! 

This song can be used in so many ways - reading half note, learning do pentatonic scale, singing in canon, adding ostinatii, labeling form, and more!

This set of slides will help with the preparation and presentation stages, plus initial practice activities.


Last but not least is this Dynamics Posters set! I can't stand how cute these are. #polkadotlove 

I will be sending these to our print shop on Monday!

They are color-coded from cool tones (soft) to warm tones (loud) in fun polka dot prints. Every music classroom needs the dynamics spectrum displayed for those educational moments that pop up. 

When I posted my first dynamics spectrum, I was teaching low E on recorder. The very next day, one teachable moment after another cropped up as we discussed the physical restrictions of plastic recorders, trying to play low E. It's such an easy thing to squeeze into almost every lesson, or at least when they are lining up to go!

What are your favorite resources to use in the classroom?

Let’s Connect!




No comments:

Post a Comment