Saturday, March 26, 2016

Refresh and Renew

It's Spring Break in my neck of the woods! What are you hoping to accomplish this Spring Break? If Spring Break has come and gone for you, what did you get done? Are you hoping to have some down time?

I love having time to reboot and get ready for the next part of the year. Here are some ideas that I have that I hope will refresh and renew my spirit over the next week!




1. I plan to spend a few hours with my husband and my puppy dog, just relaxing! The first part of the semester was filled to the brim with activity, so a few peaceful moments are very appealing right now. I have a few books in my "to finish" pile (maybe more than a few!) so those will definitely find their place on my schedule.




2. I haven't had a chance to try out my new cookbooks that I got for Christmas! Dashing Dish & the new Pioneer Woman cookbook are on the top of my list for things to try this week! I'm also planning to make a trip to Trader Joe's - my new favorite store.




3. We have eight weeks left of school when we get back, which always seems like a race to the finish. What can we get done before we say goodbye in May? It sounds like a ton of time, but in reality, it's not! With a six day rotation, I see my classes about six to seven times every eight weeks (if I'm lucky!). 

With two rotations of dance curriculum in the mix, we'll have only three or four more classes until our big performance of the year! (eek! that's not a lot of time!!) And since I'm new to Kentucky, I haven't been through a testing cycle, so I'm not sure if I will see all of the classes or not during testing - eek!

In my last rotations of the year, I hope to include a mini version of my "Trip Around the World" with 2nd and 3rd graders, plus as much instrument time as we can! In my experience, all kids are "instrument junkies" - they just love anything to do with instruments. 




4. Make decisions regarding grad school! I am starting my Masters this summer and honestly, I am still undecided about which one to pursue. Online? In person? Music? General Ed? The possibilities are endless and I am still wide open to any of them. 




5. Blog and work on TpT resources! The school year keeps me exceedingly busy, so I'm hoping to use a little time to catch up with some needs in my classroom, plus share what I've been up to! 

Right now, I'm updating older products that need a fresh look, like Tideo
I'm also updating my format - trying to make current resources even better & easier to use for teachers. 


6. We signed a lease and will be moving closer to my school in June. Woohoo! No more huge commute - I could literally walk to school if I needed to. And the best news - it's super close to a Half Price Books. *drool* 

So, it's boxes and packing tape time once again. I need to sit down and organize a to-do list, get some supplies from Target and get going!

What do you have on the calendar for this week? 

Let’s Connect!



No comments:

Post a Comment