Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pinterest Gem: Vocal Warmups for Boys


It's a gorgeous day outside here in Kentucky - and it's only Wednesday, which means I have just a few more days to get everything done. Eek! I'm spending this beautiful sunny day with my pup - she's going to get some well deserved exercise in a bit. But first, I want to share a tremendous find from Pinterest!!

I'm always on the lookout for new vocal warmups to try and I found a gem on Pinterest this morning. Ashley Delaney, a choir director in Denton, Texas, posted a fantastic video with some great vocal warmups. I've used several of these warmups before (and loved them!) but she takes it to another level with her men's choir videos, adapting them perfectly for the boys in choir.

Ashley has collected some great warmups, including belly button "pop-out," face mask on ice (NHL!) and using poison rhythm patterns (with simple body movements) for dynamic breath exercises. Love her!

Here are some of my favorites from her "Where the Wild Things Are" video:

Vocal Tidal Wave with Eyebrow pushups - love this!!


Movement with each warmup


"Down, Set, Hike" A fantastic boy-friendly phrase for working beginning and ending consonants!


Adding a little beat boxing to your warmup!

If you want more great ideas, check out her YouTube channel here.  If you find any more warmup gems, I'd love to hear from you!

Let’s Connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment