Saturday, February 14, 2015

Music Convention Wish List

I love convention time! Great ideas, great resources and great friends!

I just wanted to post a quick blog about some great resources that you can find in the exhibit hall. 

Teacher Resources!




First - If you don't have Kodaly Today RUN to the West Music booth and get it! This is a fantastic resource with lesson plans, song suggestions and listening lessons. You won't regret it.


Plus these two song books are fabulous resources for songs and games! Love!

Puppets!




Kids Books!

Have you seen the collections of children's books this year?! Exhibitors are finally understanding that elementary music teachers LOVE good literature.


Here are some great children's books that I saw yesterday. So fun!


 
A perfect pair with Rain, Rain

So cute with Charlie Over the Ocean!


A tree-themed lesson - Maybe pair with Birch Tree?

Instruments 


Buy-one-get-one-free Mallets at West Music! 


I got my own alto recorder!

My wish list

I would LOVE to get this book by Ann Eisen and Lamar Robertson. They wrote An American Methodology, which I love. I want to see what they have for older beginners!


This Choksy/Brummitt book is legen-waitforit-dary. This would be a great addition to any elementary music classroom. I've been waiting for it to be on ebay or amazon for less than $100. ouch. 



And I heard that this one is GREAT. I have her Garden books and love them! 
Can't wait to use these in my classroom.

What resources do you recommend?

Let’s Connect!

1 comment:

  1. I have First We Sing and LOVE it. Sansa Kroma and Jeannie Had a Little Lamb were instant hits with my kids.

    ReplyDelete