Saturday, February 14, 2015

Five Favorite Pins Linky Party!

It's time to link up with Aileen at Mrs. Miracle's Music Room for Five Favorite Pins of the month!



5. How It's Made Videos



Let me tell you - these videos saved my class when I had no voice! I pulled out my instrument family slideshows and then we watched short clips of instruments being played. They liked those videos, but when this one started a hush came over the room and the only sounds I heard were crickets oohs and wows. Their favorite part was when they formed the bell on a lathe.

Warning - the trombone video inspired giggles when the ball bearings came through the tubes. A little too poop-like for my students. *giggle*

4. Little Melba and Her Big Trombone

What a cute book! Dedicated to Melba Liston. Onomatopoeia much?

3. 14 Arrangements of Let It Go


If you just click on the pin, you will see my favorite version - the Piano guys - but if you click through to Buzzfeed, you will find a rabbit hole. Trust me on this. You've been warned.

2. Magnetic Music Staff


I love my SMARTBoard, but there are some things I like to write with dry erase markers or use concrete objects for my kids to manipulate on the board. Wouldn't this be awesome??

1. Einstein's Desk, the day he died


Aileen's original post had a pin with Einstein which got me thinking of one of my first February pins on my personal Pinterest account. I was visiting with my Aunt and Uncle when this idea, this photograph came up and had to go find it and pin it.

Sometimes I'm so hard on myself for not being as organized, as perfect, as I want to be. And then I look at this and take a deep breath and give myself permission to just be who I am.

What about you - what are your favorite pins from this month?

Let’s Connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment