Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday!

It's Five for Friday time at Doodle Bugs teaching! 



The internet has been sketchy at my house for the week, but have no fear, I've been working on non-internet projects!

I've been working on planning more than anything lately:


As you can see I've got my yearly plans (don't judge!) and song list (need to update this!), along with my binder of lesson plans, my trusty Kodaly Today for reference and my never-ending to-do list to boot! I'm getting this thing under control (or at least that's what I keep telling myself).



I've been working on more products for my store - including this cutie:


I love this song and I can't wait to use these slides with my class this year. I've still got some slides to add, but I'm hoping to finish up today! 

I'm pretty sure everyone in the world partners this song with Canoe Round, so I was hoping to pair them as a mini-bundle (for a discount!) in my store. What do you think?




My sweet husband got me the cutest shoes EVER! I have just loved my silver glitters Toms and practically worn them out. I think I wore them every Friday when I first got them!

Now, thanks to my friend Lauren I found out they have MUSIC TOMS! (sorry for shouting) They are the cutest shoes ever! And mine got here yesterday. Eek!




Band Camp for Freshmen started this week! Full band starts Monday!


Which means my French horn studio is starting back up for the year! Yay! I don't give lessons in the summer unless they are a super-dedicated-and-freakishly-talented-horn-player. Hoping to have cultivate some of those for next summer. (mwah-ha-ha)

That also means my super awesome band director hubby who bought me the Toms is now back at work full time. And when I say full time, I mean he works from 7-5:30ish and then comes home to eat dinner (yay!) and then goes to his office to write drill for the rest of the evening. See you on the other side, honey. 



And finally, the thing that has occupied my thoughts all week. If you follow my personal Facebook, then I'm (a little) sorry I've blown up your "newsfeed" with my posting every day. But only a little sorry because I believe in the power of prayer and I'm hoping some of you were inspired to pray for this terrible situation.


I have to say that if I'm ever in a situation even remotely close to that, I hope I act as Kent has. He was an ambassador for Christ long before the spotlight came on him, but even in the midst of a life-threatening illness, his Christ-like character is holding true. And no matter what happens, I'm praying that God will be glorified in all of this. 

Hug your families & have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. My music TOMS arrived last week! I saw them and immediately posted them on the Music Teachers Facebook group. I'm so excited another teacher has them, too! Your husband is so thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for cute and comfy shoes! I have been trying to get these for a while - they keep selling out! We finally saw they were in stock and he bought the immediately. :-)

      Delete