Thursday, June 14, 2018

Lori's Lists: Things I am Grateful For

It's three weeks into summer for me! Now that I'm more caught up on my sleep and some of the stress has drained away, I want to frame this year with some positives! 


Things I am Grateful For

- I had (2) classrooms to teach in, instead of being on a cart!

- I had fantastic principals, admin, and gen ed teachers to work with at both schools!

- I had a fantastic co-teacher that didn't freak out over all my texts and emailed questions plus she shared ideas with me that I used all year! Holla!

- My students improved tremendously over the year! (musicality, behavior)

- I memorized more than 50% of my students' names by the end of the year! Woo!

- Year one is done! I always feel like Year One at at a school is a beast unto it's own. 

- I still love my job! 


Overall, this year was fun - I tried out tons of new ideas (which I love) and new instrument activities  (which my students love). In the next few weeks, I think I will start to process what went well and what I want to use next year. 

For now, I'm going to go run errands in the middle of the day and enjoy hanging out with my puppy!

Happy Summer!












No comments:

Post a Comment