Monday, August 1, 2016

Favorite Music Resources on Teachers Pay Teachers For Back To School

It's back to school time again! To be honest, I have spent the last two months buried in homework for my grad school classes, so I'm ready for a break from reading and writing papers!

Let's take a peek into the store and see what's been happening lately!



I love using this song not only because it's a great "do" song, but because it's a beautiful song that speaks to my students. They love to pass around my big sea shell and sing this song over and over again.

This song is versatile because you can read the rhythms in first grade, bring it back after you learn "do" in second grade, and then again after presenting "re." I have included slides that you can use to read the rhythm only, to read the "do" phrases only, and of course the "re" phrases/whole song.




Another student favorite and new resource is Doggie, Doggie!


My kids love to hear the story of Doggie, Doggie. We take a trip around the music room, asking the other "friends" if they have seen his bone. They are so excited to find out where he left it! Spoiler alert: Mrs. Sweet had it the whole time! 

The traditional solo singing game can be played with a nylabone from PetSmart, a toy bone or even a printed picture of a bone! Students in my class love to play a barking variation of the game as well. (The student that stole the bone barks in response to the question in phrase 3!)

Later, after we learn so-mi, we can read the song on the staff or with the rhythms. 


This is a great la song as well, because of the mi-la pattern, which should be learned after the so-la-so-mi pattern, according to the Kodaly Today gurus!

Another fun addition to my store is my National Standards checklists! I am so excited to have all the standards in one checklist for my teacher binder. You can post them in your classroom (laminate! plasticize!) and check off each grade level, or put them in your lesson binder and keep track of each grade level or class individually. 

          


What are you looking forward to this year? I'm excited about getting my teammate and partner in crime back on campus! We are moving a lot of students around this year because of a new school opening and we've been in limbo about who was coming back all summer. We got the word and were finally able to meet up and plan our musical season and take a deep breath about the year! Shew! 

I can't wait to share more about this year's musicals, but it's Top Secret until the reveal date. If any of the kids ask, we answer "Shrek." (Note: We are not doing Shrek, it's just our standard answer to all musical questions. Mwahaha!)

I hope you're having a great end-of-summer and back-to-school season! May we all survive this crazy time of year!! :-)

Let’s Connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment